Premium Hood Insulation Kits
You now have an option. Before there was only the full size, original type material or nothing at all. Most guys elect to put nothing, because of the poor quality material. It tends to fray, dust, & slags. SharkSkin Hood Insulation is a far superior material to what is currently being used. Specialty Automotive Materials has developed a solution with a new design. The Chevelle’s & Nova’s use the lip of the structural bracing to hold the hood insulation in place. Our design works on the same principle, since the Camaro’s hood is designed the same way.
The black scrim face works great in any engine compartment. Very nice ‘finished’ look to compliment all your hard work. Hides the studs & nuts from the hood louvers on SS hoods. SharkSkin is 2.5 times denser by weight than the ‘ repop‘ type insulation. This is GREAT heat insulation and will help to absorb engine compartment noise. It will not slag or fray. Our hood insulation is shipped flat, not folded or crushed. CNC cut to insure a quality fit ever time.
Advantages / Benefits
- Precut for easy installation
- Absorbs engine compartment noise
- Black scrim face adds a finished look to your engine compartment
- Extremely light weight
- Resistance to mildew
- Insulates hood from high engine temperatures, preventing paint damage
- Durable, stiff body will not sag, less fasteners needed
- Dash, or firewall liner ( interior )
- Roof insulation
- Rear panel / back seat insulation
- Under hood insulation
- Thickness 5/8”
- Sheet size 40” X 76” 21 sf
- Flammability SAE J369 self-extinguishing
- Temperature continuous 350 degrees F and intermittent 400 degrees F.
- GM SPECIFICATIONS GM2221M