For guys that love driving a Corvette the way it’s meant to be driven.
It’s not a Sunday driver unless it’s on a race track.
1997 – 2013 C5 / C6 CORVETTE Tunnel Reinforcement Plate. Reduce your interior heat and add torsional stiffness to the chassis with the TPS .25 in. aluminum tunnel reinforcement plate.
Corvette engineers understand torsional stiffness. They build a great performance car and handling is a major consideration in the design. The engineers acknowledged that a stiffer tunnel plate would improve the torsional flexing therefore improving the handling. There is a huge improvement on the C7 in this area.
This is a direct replacement for C5, 1997-2004 / C6, 2005-2013 Corvettes, including the ZO6 2006-2013, ZR1 209-2013 .25 aluminum plate
TPS Tunnel Plate Specs
- CNC cut
- Better respond to suspension feedback
- 4 times thicker than C5 OE 16 gauge (1/16in .0625in.) stamped steel plate
- 2 times thicker than C6 OE 1/8in aluminum plate
- Access holes for O2 senor wires
- The aluminum plate by itself will help reduce temperatures. Because aluminum does not radiate heat like steel does.
- Best yet made in the good old USA
ZCool Corvette Reinforcement Tunnel Plate Heat Shield
For C5 / C6 Tunnel Reinforcement Plate Heat Shield
- Precision die cut
- No need to remove the plate or the 36 bolts holding it to install
- Material approved at several major OEM’s
- Hi-performance 10 mil embossed aluminum surface
- Mechanically needle punched fiber glass composite spacer
- High-temperature pressure sensitive adhesive
- Reduce console & interior temperatures
- Light weight – less than a pound